[open-cobol-list] Cobol Meetup

From: Aoirthoir An Broc
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Cobol Meetup
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:12:50 -0400

We're getting a few folks from the OpenCobol list joining the First Cobol Meetup on Meetup.com. Why not join us and help expand the options? http://cobol.meetup.com/1

We're going to be starting soon having training online and in person, meetings about the future of cobol, sharing resources to open and free Cobol code that some of us have written (Kudos to Vincent and to jim for both contributing so far, among many others). Just all around we're pushing forward a lot and many of us have a focus on OpenCobol.

--
Aoirthoir An Broc
http://www.add1.to

Date: Sundays
Time: 9:00am Eastern

::::::::NOTE IMPORTANT::::::::::
There has been some confusion as to the time. I believe this is because the United States uses Daylight Savings Time. On top of this the Government recently extended the dates that EDT (eastern daylight time) would run. So to be sure that you make it at 9am Eastern, I have this link:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179

That shows the time in New York City at the moment of viewing. It also explains the current UTC offset for the Eastern Zone in the United States. Simply compare the current time that site states, with your current time and you will know how far off we are from you.

We're there all of the time, even when we do not have a meeting. Stop on by for OpenCobol and Add 1 To Support and chat.