[open-cobol-list] open cobol in production environment

From: emre
Subject: [open-cobol-list] open cobol in production environment
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:40:30 -0500

Dear OC:

I am considering proposing OC as an alternative to a proprietary cobol for use in a medium size production environment (approx 100 users hitting it 8-10 hours per workday). I have done the proof-of-concept test of porting my application and running some basic functionality tests. Before I take the time to develop a large regression suite, I was wondering if there are others out there that have deployed OC in a similar-sized or larger environment. Management will likely
reject this option if we are going to be the first.

Thanks for any feedback,
-eb.