Re: [open-cobol-list] Problems with Display of multiple fields.

From: vince
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Problems with Display of multiple fields.
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 16:53:06 +0100

On Tuesday 01 May 2012 16:45:01 Chris Geldenhuis wrote:
> Thanks Vince,
>
> This is basically what I am doing. There are a lot of common types of
> displays e.g error messages that I will use bash or python scripts to
> change to be acceptable to Open Cobol also a lot of stuff is already in
> copy books used in many programs. Fortunately I developed the majority
> of this system myself so I know where to expect problems.

Yep, for quite a few of the apps migrated was written by myself problem was
that  it was many years ago in some cases since the 60's and 70's.

Coding style changed over the years as well as improvements to compilers (and
my technique) occurred. So it was'nt as bad as seeing other programmers code,
but it was close :)

 Vince