Re: [open-cobol-list] Cobol + GTK

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Cobol + GTK
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:50:30 -0500

Hi Brian

Thanks so much for your valuable input!

It's been cold here too in Toronto but we are getting away with murder this winter overall....

Say I just wanted to bounce some ideas around.....

Thanks to your work we have a lua binding now:
http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#can-opencobol-interface-with-lua

Have you considered using the Lua GTK binding? I was worried that it might be hard to manage all the variables. The Lua C-to-lua stack is find but I was thinking that it might be quite a lot of work. Am I wrong? Do you think there would be namespace issues or some other challenges? It seems that the Lua API likes globals.

Gfortran was built using a python script(included in the source tarball) to generate much of it's code:
https://github.com/jerryd/gtk-fortran/wiki

Do you think something like this would work for opencobol ?

Your awesome, I have found you all over the net, the Ada google group, an opera forumn, the lua wiki(for your binding) and of course at http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com. You are a very bright guy and a tireless worker!

-Patrick