[open-cobol-list] representing C enumerations

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] representing C enumerations
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 09:32:32 -0500

The used Cobol books I ordered are trickling in and I am getting more and more excited about Open Cobol as I begin to understand the programming model.

I need to start writing though. I thought that I would practice by rewriting some or all of the C examples in the GTK source folder. I am not expecting so much trouble but one thing that I know I will have to figure out is the enumerations used in GTK. Is there an easy way to 'import' them into OC or should I figure out what integer they represent and create a constant variable with that value?

Thanks-Patrick

BTW I don't what to clutter everyone's inboxes with another post.... Is there any technical reason why cobc could not be written in open cobol? I don't have the time or skills right now but maybe one day I could help with this.