[open-cobol-list] Previous defined variable for value ?

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Previous defined variable for value ?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:17:27 -0500

Hi Everyone

I was thinking about using OC for generating my websites offline

I already do this with Lua, basically I have a template html file and words in it are swapped out and the results are written to a file under a different name.

So there are lots of examples of the follow in Cobol:

01 foo PIC X(22) VALUE "some sentence".

but i can't find anywhere the uses previously defined variable for a value:

01 poo PIC X(22) VALUE foo.

Is this possible? If so I could use a replacing clause to swap in another value already defined using a variable, it would save a lot of typing or assigning the value in the procedure section.

Thanks

BTW I am doing some FLTK OC experiments, stay tuned :)