Re: [open-cobol-list] File references in MSWin

From: David Lee Lambert
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] File references in MSWin
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 07:41:31 -0500

El 2/23/2013 12:12 PM, john Culleton escribió:
> I understand and use Linux file reference conventions when
> referring to a file in an OC program, e.g.:
> SELECT INFILE ASSIGN TO "../filedir/mainfile.fil".
>
> What would be the corresponding reference in a MSWin based COBOL
> program? I assume that the directory "filedir" is parallel to the
> directory containing the COBOL source code.
In OpenCOBOL under Cygwin,  the forward slash "/" will certainly work as
a directoy-separator.

It'll probably work in other Win32 or Win64 COBOL compilers, as well,
because the Windows C library internally accepts "/" for that purpose,
but you would need to try it on the particular target platform you had
in mind.

--
David Lee Lambert
Member ACM (address@hidden)