Re: [open-cobol-list] libcob.so.4 / lib.cob.so.4.0.0 not found when exec

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] libcob.so.4 / lib.cob.so.4.0.0 not found when executing executable in ubuntu 12.10 LTS
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 02:24:15 -0400

We should really try and figure out the autotools macros so that
./configure can execute the

sudo ldconfig

during make install.

With GNU coming, that could happen actually.  This last step trips up
a lot of people, so we'll try and fix it.

OR, (and or, really)

Everyone should check out the out of tree build instructions, and how
to use the testing scripts, tests/atconfig and tests/atlocal (sourced
in that order) to set up an environment for any number of OpenCOBOL
'installs'.  Pretty cool when exploring builds, or for freezing
particular binaries to a compiler version.

http://opencobol.add1tocobol.com/#what-gnu-build-tool-options-are-available-when-building-opencobol

Cheers,
Brian