[open-cobol-list] Has anyone used tinyc compiler with gnucobol?

From: Michael D. Setzer II
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Has anyone used tinyc compiler with gnucobol?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:27:15 +1000

I have used the 1.1 and now testing the 2.0 version of cobol with linux with
no real issues. Have looked at the installation of cobol with windows, but
have had an issue with using the MS compiler. Their are a lot of restrictions
in using the free version, and it seems to require a lot of space.

Was recently informed of the TinyC and have just down some testing with
programs, and wondering if anyone had tried it with the code produced by
cobol to compile.

Currently I teach a Cobol course using an older Compiler that doesn't work
with Windows 7, and have the opencobol with linux, but students mostly have
windows machines. On some windows 7 student machines, setup a virtual
box XP so they could work on it.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:address@hidden
  mailto:address@hidden
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

address@hidden CREDITS
ROSETTA      9203607.045477   |   SETI        16726598.141562
ABC         16401967.314365   |   EINSTEIN    14221392.119852