Re: [open-cobol-list] open-cobol-list Digest, Vol 90, Issue 1

From: Simon Sobisch
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] open-cobol-list Digest, Vol 90, Issue 1
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:46:44 +0200

Gary is correct that this isn't allowed.

The upcoming 2.0 release will support this if -frelaxed-syntax is used
(which is used in every case you compile with -std=mf) as MicroFocus
allows this. The code is in rw-branch already (not sure for now if it's
checking relaxed syntax or not, but the compiler will do so.

BTW: Gary please contact me to discuss placing the programmer's guide
under svn control and ship it together with GnuCOBOL. Thank you.

Simon

Re: [open-cobol-list] Rewrite line sequential fiie.
[Hide message from public view]
From: Gary Cutler <address@hidden> - 2015-04-29 17:17:31

The statement that REWRITE is allowed (pg 80) is incorrect (a copy/paste
oversight).  Neither "OPEN I-O" nor "REWRITE" are allowed with LINE
SEQUENTIAL files (which are meant to be print files).  The compiler
clearly flags both as errors if they are attempted.