Re: [open-cobol-list] Error when compiling GCic.cbl

From: J. Leslie Turriff
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Error when compiling GCic.cbl
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 07:39:19 -0500

On Monday 11 May 2015 15:34:20 Vince Coen wrote:
> Looks like it might be an old one.

        Nope; just foolishness on my part.  I copied the source code from the
Programmer's Guide PDF file, not realising that since it was the compiler
listing, it had expanded the screenio.cpy contents; so when I compiled it,
there were two copies of each 78 definition.
        It might be nice if the message said they were duplicates, instead of
saying "A constant may not be used here".
        So, as the old IBM COBOL F compiler used to say, "Probable user error.
Correct the error and recompile." :-)
        Thanks for your patience.
Leslie
--
It’s good to be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brain falls out.