Re: [open-cobol-list] JCL (Was: Hi all)

From: David Lee Lambert
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] JCL (Was: Hi all)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 07:07:32 -0400

Someone sells a commercial product "J2U - the JCL-intepreter for Unix", http://www.itgain-is.de/en/j2u/j2u.php . I have not used it, but a trial license appears to be available.

Someone else provides a tool to convert JCL scripts to Korn shell as part of a larger suite of commercial tools, documentation at http://uvsoftware.ca/mvsjcl.htm .

At least one Micro Focus product included a JCL interpreter, per message "FW: Looking for JCL interpreter for UNIX/LINUX" posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main on 27 Apr 2006 19:06:27 GMT (Message-ID: <address@hidden> ).

"JCL-Convert is a Perlscript that converts VSE JCL to Perlscripts. The generated Perl Jobs start COBOL Programms under MicroFocus Cobol. This Release only tested with Linux". http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcl-convert/

Speaking of REXX, however, in that case IBM released an implementation as open source in about 2005 (which may be the basis of "Open Object REXX") and there's also an independent open source implementation, Regina REXX ... http://sourceforge.net/projects/regina-rexx/ .