Re: [GnuCOBOL-users] GnuCOBOL 2.2 final release

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: Re: [GnuCOBOL-users] GnuCOBOL 2.2 final release
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 08:18:02 -0500

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 07:02:06AM +0200, Simon Sobisch wrote:

> after almost 7 years of continual improvement and refinements since
> OpenCOBOL version 1.1 and 3 years after the release of GnuCOBOL 1.1,
> the GnuCOBOL team is proud to announce the formal release of
> GnuCOBOL 2.2.

This is great news!!!

> Official source kits can be downloaded from:
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnucobol/

I got a not found error there, but was able to find it at:

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnucobol/

> > ** screen IO: many extended ACCEPT DISPLAY and SCREEN SECTION changes

While many of the changes are very exciting SCREEN SECTION changes sound
especially exciting to me.  I have a fondness for the type of apps that can
be created with the SCREEN SECTION.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.