Re: vibsam patches & problems

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: vibsam patches & problems
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 04:47:30 -0400

James K. Lowden wrote:
> This afternoon I built vbisam from the tarball maintained on
> SourceForge.  The build platform is macOS, but for reasons unclear it
> compiled with gcc.  Perhaps something to do with libtool.

Just to the first part, gcc is aliased to clang on Mac.  You have to
look closely though, it's a hidden *convenience* feature.

On working on VBISAM.  I'm pretty sure you want Ron's updates, or, I run
the copy out of OSCONS in Japan, part of the OpenCOBOL 1.5J release.
The copy on SourceForge is behind a few patches, as far as I'm led to
believe.

Cheers,
Blue