Kudos - keep up the hard work!

From: Bill Witherspoon
Subject: Kudos - keep up the hard work!
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:55:47 -0400

Just want to pass on my congratulations on a fine effort so far!

As a non-programmer, I didn't have too much difficulty in getting
*most* of the forms functionality to work (I never did get the
contact manager to fire up correctly). It took me about two hours,
or so to get the inventory sample to run from download to entering
date.

I wasn't able to get the AppServer up tho. Had some initial problems
getting the right version of py-xmlrpc (the 2.2rpm is actually 1.5??).
Once I got that sorted out, I get the following:

address@hidden py-xmlrpc-0.8.8.2]$ gnue-appserver
Exporting our services via xmlrpc (port 8765) ...

... GEAS up and running ...

Unhandled exception in thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/gnue/lib/python/gnue/common/commdrivers/_helpers/ObjectLibrarian.py",
 line 124, in loop
    self.cleanUp()
  File
"/usr/local/gnue/lib/python/gnue/common/commdrivers/_helpers/ObjectLibrarian.py",
 line 112, in cleanUp
    keys=_objects.keys()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keys'

I'm running on Mandrake 9.0rc2 (patched, and bastardized).

Any help would be appreciated! I'd love to dig a little more into
your project.  As some one who has suffered through three bad ERP
systems, I've had it with being 'locked in' to a solution that
cripples the company.

Thanks,
Bill

p.s. Any thoughts on a rules based configurator for BOMs? Something
that works better than Trilogy's offering.... not that I'd know....