gnugeneration-discuss

Re: [Gnugeneration-discuss] IRC

From: Danny Piccirillo
Subject: Re: [Gnugeneration-discuss] IRC
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:15:30 -0400

We decided with Matt Lee to switch to #gnu-generation because that's the standard format for all gnu channels

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Max Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:
Ahh, yes... the IRC channel...

Originally, the IRC channel was #gnu_generation.  Then I lost ownership of the channel when the server that managed my IRC connections went down for a few months.  I don't know who owns the channel now, but some people still hang out there.  There was some movement to switch to #gnu-generation for a while, but I don't think anything ever became of it.  ##gnu_generation is our OT channel, but nobody ever hangs out there.  #gnugeneration is not and has never been ours... I don't know who it belongs to, but it existed before GNU Generation did.

Somehow, though, I don't feel like this answer provides much more clarity...

-Max