Re: [gnugo-devel] reading connections

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] reading connections
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:46:01 -0700

> 1) Is there any way to get these SGF traces through GTP?  If not,
> could there be?  This would make them easily available through the
> regression view w/ little overhead.  Longer term, a GUI could easily
> give interactive traces on the fly - a nice debugging tool, I'd
> guess.

The simple way to get the traces you get with -t
would be to have a gtp command that sets verbose.

verbose 1

will turn on the traces. They come out in stderr. This would be easy
to implement.

But Gunnar was talking about writing an sgf file with variations
using an option --decide-connection -o [filename]. Again,
producing such a file is an operation that could be controlled
from the gtp if there is a need for that. Have you examined the
results of --decide-string -o [filename] and --decide-dragon -o [filename]?

Dan