Re: [gnugo-devel] address@hidden: GNU C]

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] address@hidden: GNU C]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:33:54 -0400

>1. What are the chances that the program would execute faster than
>   with Microsoft C?
A couple of weeks ago I ran the GnuGo regression tests for both
a cygwin (GNU C) and VC built gnugo.exe.  I ran them in parallel,
starting each at the same time.  The VC built program ended about
5-10% faster (that is 5-10 minutes out of 2 hours total run time.)

>2. Can I use it to compile a windows program. - I don't use
>   Microsoft foundation classes, I just use raw API calls.
I believe that you can, but I'll pass on this to Teun;  there's
lots of good information about this on www.cygwin.com.