Re: [gnugo-devel] Gnu Go 13k* on NNGS

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gnu Go 13k* on NNGS
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:03:02 -0800

> I just wanted to make you aware of the fact that Gnu Go has climbed to
> the 13 kyu level on NNGS for the first time.  I wonder why that is; We
> haven't made that many strength enhancements lately, have we?

It looks like the rating just shot up after little change for
a long time.

http://nngs.cosmic.org/cgi-bin/ngraph.cgi?n=gnugo

I saw some message (which I guess I've deleted) to the effect
that ratings on NNGS are in global flux right now because of a
policy decision to remove the anchors for a while and let
the ratings adjust.

On the other hand my subjective impression is that GNU Go is
playing much more strongly on NNGS than 3.0 was able to. But
it is slowing down again.

Dan