[gnugo-devel] restart game

From: Manner Wolfgang
Subject: [gnugo-devel] restart game
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 12:19:31 +0100 (MET)

hello again
since you were talking about cgoban, i presume you are in linux.
my modified jago works in linux and in windows98 + cygwin.
since you have jago already, i guess you have java as well.
so what you need, you can get from
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/devel.html

under the header wolfgang manner
you have to download
jagomod_3.jar   this is the compiled modified jago
gnufiles.tar.gz  here are 4 files of gnugo which you have to replace
(alternatively you can also use mods3_0_0 which is a diff/patch to gnugo
i have to admit that i am not a great friend of that)
there is a README and a bash script, which runs everything

the files are for version 3.0.0
if you want any other version, please let me know, i will then modify
the corresponding routines.
so far i am the only one to use all that, but i am quite happy with it.
(i must say with linux there are no problems, with windows it is not so
sure)
if i could convince more people to use it, maybe we could persuade Dan
to put the mods into standard gnugo

so please tell me what you want and of course, if you have questions
good luck
wolfgang