Re: [gnugo-devel] A problem in atari_atari

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] A problem in atari_atari
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:53:07 -0800

> Shouldn't there be a warning message issued to stderr, if not
> an assert, as this should never happen?

Certainly you are right that there should at least be a trace.

An assert getting triggered is the current behavior.  Usually
this is what we want.

But it seems to me that in this particular case the error
condition is very difficult to completely guard against. If
a wrong status can trigger a crash here, we are treading on
thin ice.

Dan