[gnugo-devel] Crash in 3.1.20

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Crash in 3.1.20
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:30:07 -0800

GNU Go 3.1.20 crashes in test endgame:207.

I'm unclear how this could have happened since I ran
the regressions before doing the release. The file
regression/BREAKAGE contains an unedited record of the
results I got when I ran the tests, and it's not the same
as the results of 3.1.20.  The results of reading.tst
differ between 3.1.20 and what is reported in
regression/BREAKAGE.

The crash is in endgame pattern EE302.

This pattern was changed by the patch gunnar_1_20.10 which
Gunnar checked in about 4 hours before I started the
regressions. I think I ran CVS update before running
the regressions but maybe I was in the wrong directory
or something. I deleted that emacs process so I can't

Looks like 3.1.21 will be early.

Dan