Re: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic GNU Go

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic GNU Go
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:06:19 +0100 (CET)

> I compiled a functionally overloaded GNU Go with the configure options
> --enable-experimental-semeai --enable-experimental-connections
> --enable-alternate-connections --enable-experimental-influence
> --owl-threats and it played this game against GNU Go 3.0. Note
> the center moyo moves on the sixth line.
>
> Moves 10, 12 and 16, 18 and 26 show a novel approach emphasizing
> the center.
What an euphemistic word "novel" can be!

> Perhaps this is a defect with the experimental influence code.
It certainly is. Note also the funny evalutions (53 points move 6!). I
have already written an explicit center devaluing, which seems to do
its job, but it still needs some tuning. (With this correction, GNU Go
does not play any of the moves you mention.)

(For some really funny effects, try playing against GNU Go 3.1.23 with
--experimental-influence and --nofusekidb!)

So expect another bigger experimental influence patch this weekend.

Arend