Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] fast liberties & patterns anchored in goal
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:12:18 -0500

At 06:41 PM 2/6/2002 -0800, Daniel Bump wrote:

>> Dan:
>> I can't reproduce the crash.  What build settings did you use?
>
>When I first got the crash I was running the current CVS,
>patched, with several experimental options. I then checked out
>3.1.24, patched it, and compiled with no configure options.

Well, there's a quite trivial bug in the code s.th. if libs != NULL,
accurate_approxlibs will crash.  Somehow I was under the mistaken
assumption that ASSERT1 was left on even in Release builds.  I
typically run the regressions in Release mode, because they're much
faster.

At least in the VC builds, NDEBUG is defined for Release mode, which
is quite a bit faster (unrelated to the asserts, but rather other
compiler optimizations I would guess).

How is GNU Go built typically?  i.e. for:
 - tournaments.
 - NNGS play
 - regression tests
 - etc.

I'm inclined to undefine NDEBUG for all VC builds (VC has 2 build
types Debug & Release).  Would it be appropriate to add it to
config.h, in case someone wanted to define it and cause themselves
heartburn like I've just been through?

-Trevor