Re: [gnugo-devel] Current CVS VC build crashes

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Current CVS VC build crashes
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:48:24 -0800

> If no problems show up I'll release 3.1.26 in the
> morning.

I made this change and started running the regressions
almost 9 hours ago. They're only up to trevorc, which
is bad news since previously they were running much
faster.

In strategy:1 the crash came when owl_substantial()
got run on the isolated handicap stone at D16. This
is disturbing because owl_substantial() is expensive.
In this case it creates a ponnuki capture then
tries to take it. Maybe my patch makes owl_substantial
slower, and maybe we are running it when we shouldn't be.

There's no reason owl_substantial() should get run
on an isolated handicap stone.

Dan