Re: [gnugo-devel] Owl persistent cache

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Owl persistent cache
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:44:40 -0800

> This makes a lot of sense.  It's right around the time I commented
> (in hindsight not strongly enough) that I'd noticed a big
> performance decrease:
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/gnugo-devel/2001-November/000372.html

This performance improvement will of course show up more in games
than in the regressions, since it consists of not unncecesarily
repeating calculations which were made on previous moves. So it
seems unlikely that this bug was the cause of those slow
moves. It would be nice to know if those tests are still slow at
this date and if so we should look at them.

Dan