[gnugo-devel] I want to know about licence of gnugo.

From: future
Subject: [gnugo-devel] I want to know about licence of gnugo.
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:47:46 +0900

Hello.

I am Hideyuki Fujiwara (Japanese).

I want to know about licence of gnugo.
I want to make beginner's igo program for Macintosh.
I want to make it by the ORIGINAL algorithm in the future.
But, first of all I want to transplante GnuGo-3.0.0
because it is early and wants it.

I compiled GnuGo-3.0.0 which had already worked with MacOS9.
The compiler is Metrowerks CodeWarrior 6.0.
But, it works only by the ascii mode, and control of time is omitted.
I will add GUI to this, and I will complete simple game of go game
software.

Must I add a source code when distribute the executable program of
transplante it
for Macintosh as freeware?
Because it is not UNIX, a development environment varies in Macintosh
greatly.
It is difficult to make a source code develop for Macintosh and keep the
original form.
A user earns a profit by using a executable program, and he doesn't
recognize
that they are program resources.

I want to use GnuGo-3.0.0's thinking engine as free library.
I will display copyright notice on the software.
Therefore, isn't it sufficient?

(I tried. but ... Was my poor English as expected understood?)

Thank you.