Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Re: Re: zergling

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Re: Re: zergling
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:49:02 -0800

> the puzzle contains different type files. sgf, mgt, txt etc.  Some contail
> answer, and some not. So I have to transform it to common format files.  Any
> one know what format is used to store the puzzles? SGF seems not suitable.
> Puzzle contains the placed stones, the goal, who make first move, and the
> answer.  It seems can not describe the puzzles only using FF4's tag.
>
> Any suggestion?

In our regressions we have separate sgf files containing board
positions, and GTP (Go Text Protocol) files such as owl.tst with:

# incident 66
loadsgf games/incident66.sgf 52
1 owl_attack D8
#? [1 (F8|E8)]

This directs the engine to load the file at move 52, then
asks whether the dragon at D8 can be killed. The correct answer
is "yes" at F8 or E8.

Dan