Re: [gnugo-devel] Handtalk vs GnuGo: Game 1

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Handtalk vs GnuGo: Game 1
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:32:42 -0800

> Jessie wrote:
> > Handtalk took white - and beat GnuGO by 16.5. SGF
> > is attached. Handtalk plays FAST (<1min total for all
> > moves vs 15 min total for GnuGO

I added this game to the CVS as regression/games/handtalk.sgf.
(I cleaned up the SGF file.)

Gunnar's comments all seem right.

A few additional remarks:

Move 45 is slow.

I would prefer L7 for move 47 though I suppose it's a little
dangerous for GNU who might get hurt after B:L7 W:N5 B:O5 W:M7.

Move 49 seems the worst B move of the game.

Move 51 is slow. If B wants to play in this area G6
is a better move.

Around move 55 or later at (say) 103 B:P13 would be a good kikashi,
threatening to attach at S11.

At move 123 B has an opportunity to play S11.

At move 133 B has M:4 threatening L4 and N2.

Dan