Re: [gnugo-devel] Three stone games

From: Morten Gulbrandsen
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Three stone games
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:26:47 +0200

Then what command line options do I supply, in order to play  9 x 9
games  playing randomly

I'd just like to find what kind of komi offset is necessary for the
different board sizes,
and handicap stones.

When I go to work I could start a session, after 9 - 10 hours maximum,
I'd like to have some material to do some statistics on.

I'm very satisfied with twogtp, and I think I could modify the perl
scripts,
for giving the territory and prisoner score.

In mathemathics I had something about the simplex algorithm.

look, some results are coming:
Result according to W: W+42.5
Result according to B: W+42.5

The simplex package is a collection of routines for linear optimization
using the simplex algorithm as a whole, and using only certain parts of
the simplex algorithm.
The particular implementation of the simplex algorithm used here is
based on the initial chapters of ``Linear Programming'' by Chvatal,
1983, W.H. Freeman and Company, New York.

this is what maple has to offer.
Has linear programming something to do with gnugo ?

Yours Sincerely

Morten Gulbrandsen