Re: [gnugo-devel] sgf loading (v 3.3.5)

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] sgf loading (v 3.3.5)
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:33:39 +0200

Paul wrote:
> Load an sgf file and then undo twice. GNU Go hangs due to an access
> violation. Field curnode->parent is 0. I don't know what was supposed
> to be done in such cases, but i think that either the complete game
> tree should be read, allowing undoing, or undoing should be prohibited
> after loading.

If the game is loaded when starting with the -l option, undo works
without trouble. From a quick inspection it looks to me like the ascii
load command is buggy, failing to update the curnode pointer. Feel
free to try to find out how to fix it. Undo should work also after a
load and definitely not crash.