[gnugo-devel] gui interfaces for load, switch, etc.

From: Neal McBurnett
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gui interfaces for load, switch, etc.
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:47:37 -0600

Thanks to all and sundry for gnugo!

The interaction between graphical clients and gnugo does
seem to be a weak area, though.

The ascii interface provides very useful commands to load an exisiting
game and play on, to switch colors, force moves, etc.

I'd like to do those things via a graphical interface, both for
ordinary use and to more easily work on gnugo.  I see some talk of gtp
clients like gogui & GoThic, and also work on jugo, but not
much in the way of documentation (yeah, I know, use the source....).
I'm wondering if they can do these things, or if there is something
else I'm missing.  E.g. can common GMP clients do any of these things?
Are there versions of the GMP which allow them?

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
GPG/PGP signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  Keyid: 2C9EBA60