Re[4]: [gnugo-devel] reading patch

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re[4]: [gnugo-devel] reading patch
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:21:46 +0300

Arend wrote:
> I think the problem that the same move gets tried multiple times will
> go away automatically. Once every function use ADD_CANDIDATE_MOVE, this
> is automatically checked for.

> There might still be some duplicating work generating these moves,
> though.

why not use some preventive check: split ADD_CANDIDATE_MOVE to say
IS_MOVE_IN_LIST, which checks if it is there and the
ADD_CANDIDATE_MOVE itself, which adds a move without checking. or
keep a separate version which checks and adds, like ADD_CANDIDATE_MOVE
does now.

i also had a thought about moving duplicates checking from
ADD_CANDIDATE_MOVE macro to order_move() for speed up. but it somehow
turned out to be only slower on all test files but reading.tst :o

Paul