Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: Strategic effect for strategic attacks and defe

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Patch: Strategic effect for strategic attacks and defenses
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:08:52 +0200 (CEST)

Gunnar wrote:

> Arend wrote:
> > > +  weakness = DRAGON2(dr).weakness;
> > > +  memset(saved_stones, 0, BOARDMAX);
> > > +  saved_stones[pos] = INFLUENCE_SAVED_STONE;
> > > +  delta_terri = influence_delta_territory(pos, color, saved_stones,
> > > +                                   &followup_value);
(...)
> > (e.g. this would magically command that estimate_territorial_value()
> > has to be called before estimate_strategical_value() ).
>
> This is already the case and documented:
>
> |     /* Estimate the value of various aspects of the move. The order
> |      * is significant. Territorial value must be computed before
> |      * strategical value. See connection_value().
> |      */
> |     estimate_territorial_value(pos, color, score);
> |     estimate_strategical_value(pos, color, score);

That's not what I meant by magically. connection_value() explicitly uses
move[tt].territorial_value, so it is clear just from the code in
value_moves.c that estimate_territorial_value() has to come before
estimate_strategical_value(). With Inge's patch (and its interaction
with the caching scheme), this would only be clear together with looking
at influenc.c.

Inge, maybe you can just use move[pos].territorial_value?

Arend