Re: Re[2]: [gnugo-devel] liberty counting

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [gnugo-devel] liberty counting
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:44:24 +0200

I don't really like the exactlib() name. The approxlib() and
accurate_approxlib() names are not all that great either, but carry
around some history. I think I'd prefer to keep the
accurate_approxlib() name unless someone can find a truly good name.

to me, accurate_approxlib() is rather confusing, since it is
"accurate" and "approximate" at one time. but i agree that exactlib()
is not much (or any) better.

accuratelib() then. It preserves history and is semantically more correct than accurate_approxlib.

(I would myself favor more verbose names, like liberty_count() and approximate_liberty_count(), but never mind)

Marco Scheurer, Sen:te