[gnugo-devel] (no subject)

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:43:17 -0400

Not yet ready for CVS, but for discussion...

http://www.public32.com/games/go/trevor_prerotate.patch

 - pre-rotated pattern generation in mkpat. (-p option) implemented.
 - %2m added as valid syntax for gprintf
 - relabel rotation matrices in transform.c

In transform.c, "invert" didn't make sense to me, so I attempted to
clarify the meaning of the matrices.

The docs for DFA path are incorrect.  The current actual path covered
looks like (from A-M):
 LDJ
MEACI
 HBG

This pre-rotating code in mkpat currently has a fairly serious
bug, that it doesn't pay attention to symmetry constraints,
and includes all 8 rotations for all patterns.

This is from a fairly old CVS snapshot, and I know David has
been working on this code too.  How's the best way to merge,
when I submit the final patch?

-Trevor