Re: [gnugo-devel] New joseki patterns

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New joseki patterns
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 15:47:54 -0800

> # Joseki side extensions, and shape fixing
>
> #added 3.3.12 evand
> Pattern J44
>
> ?O....??
> XO.*..??
> xXO...??
> xx....??
> --------
>
> :8,j
>
> ?O....a?
> eO.*..b?
> cfO...??
> d.....??
> --------
>
> ; (!omoyo(a) || !omoyo(b) || x_somewhere(c,d))
> ; && !weak(e) && !oplay_attack_either(c,e,f)

I believe some j pattern like this may be appropriate.
See also nngs4:30.

But !oplay_attack_either(c,e,f) looks wrong. I'm not
sure if this will cause a crash if there's a B stone
at c, but in any case it seems to me that both this
and x_somewhere(c,d) should be just !attack(f).

Also, the omoyo(a) and omoyo(b) are presumably intended
to prevent overconcentration. However this pattern
would still be OK if there are O stones at a or b.
True a small amount of overconcentration results but
even so the shape the shape needs to be fixed.

Dan