[gnugo-devel] Questions about eyes.db patterns

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Questions about eyes.db patterns
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:30:34 +0100

Hi,

While reviewing some games, I noticed that Gnu Go doesn't now that this

|..*.
+----

gives ko. But how should it be eye-valued ? Something like 1?22 I guess,
but the result of the '?' depends on the ko. My best bet would be 1, can
somebody please confirm ?

Also, while I was at it, I tried to include a related one, also missing

|.><.
+----

but to my surprise, it didn't want to match the position I was testing. I
located the problem in recognize_eye() on line 1136 of optics.c

  if (eye[pos].esize-eye[pos].msize > 7)
    return 0;

Can this limit be safely increased or is it bound to cause problems ?

/nando