Re: [gnugo-devel] more joseki preparations

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] more joseki preparations
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:36:16 +0200

Arend wrote:
> > > Could you explain what your plans are for this?
> >
> > currently my plans are to finish it :). it is supposed to become a
> > very fast pattern matcher (i hope so ;) specifically designed for
> > joseki database. the main intention is to use it with joseki reader
> > some day - an idea by Evan and Inge as far as i remember. it (the
> > reader, not the matcher) should be able valuate several available
> > joseki continuations taking into account moyo and and general
> > influence of distant stones - e.g. select the side on which to
>
> Can you maybe explain a little more? What you describe would be possible
> with the old fashioned pattern matcher, too. Will it have transposition
> tables?
> Also it would be good if you added comments with your next patch.
> (A descriptive comment at the top of each non-trivial function is
> usually enough.)

i'll sure do it, but it's hot time in the university now, so i'll
probably be rather passive for a couple of weeks. i thought i
would be able to finish it by now, but unfortunately i haven't
had enough time. anyway, it doesn't do any harm, there are even
some useful things (like the availability to reduce MAX_BOARD
or removing the unused `patt' parameter from autohelpers) though
quite unrelated to the new matcher itself.

Paul