Re: [gnugo-devel] Good news

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Good news
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 10:18:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi Tanguy,

this looks great! This approach looks easier to implement than your
incremental matcher, because we can avoid the overhead of storing the
"full history" of pattern matching during a dfa spiral scan, and instead
only need to cache the end point and the list of matched patterns.

The biggest remaining challenge I see now is keeping track of what
exactly changed on the board between two matchpat() calls (and doing
this without making the code too ugly). Maybe s.th. like replacing
all trymove()'s in owl.c with a dfa_trymove().

Arend