Re: [gnugo-devel] gGo is no more free software :-(

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gGo is no more free software :-(
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:04:32 +0100 (CET)

I don't think we should be discussing license issues of other projects
here. But as it happened I would like to say a few words.

- gGo, apart from being an excellent IGS client, is IMO the best GNU Go
  client we have. (E.g. it is the only one that can resume aborted games
  against GNU Go, a common FAQ issue about other clients. Etc.) I am really
  grateful Peter Strempel has done this. Especially as our attention
  towards UI issues is a bit limited due to focussing on improving the
  engine itself.
  Probably gGo is the best thing that happened for GNU Go's users last
  year.

- Of course we aren't exactly happy that it has become closed source for
  now. But I assume I can speak for everyone hear that we respect
  Peter's decision, whatever his reasons were.

In particular, I'd not hope that the impression remains we would be
upset about Peter now.

Arend