Re: [gnugo-devel] gGo is no more free software :-(

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gGo is no more free software :-(
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:38:36 +0100

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:53 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Our immediate interest in the matter is limited to the following.

At gnugo.html there is a fairly complete list of free software
pertaining to the game of Go. We do not link to non-free software.
In fact by wishes of RMS there are NO links to non-free software
in all of www.gnu.org.

I'm affraid I've got to admit that Goban, our Mac OS X client, is in the same position as gGo. There's a free, GPL'ed version (http://www.sente.ch/software/goban/freegoban.html), and another, non-free one (http://www.sente.ch/software/goban/) which includes support for the Go servers.

The GPL version, is also older, although I wish to keep it up to date with the other one, at least for playing against GTP programs.

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland    http://www.sente.ch