[gnugo-devel] A way to make GNUGO stronger

From: splee99
Subject: [gnugo-devel] A way to make GNUGO stronger
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:57:25 -0800

Hi all,

I really appreciate the work you have done so far. I have played several
times with gnugo and found a common problem during the end game, just like
other computer go software. When GNUGO thinks it is leading, it's actually
no need to gain more points, but it's essential to secure what it already
has. So don't let 'dead' opponent stones to become alive. The bigger the
number of the stones in a group, the more chance this group will become
alive.

Although I'm a software engineer, I'm not so familiar with this kind of
program, so do you think the above strategy could be some hint to improve
the GNUGO's strength?

Best regards

SP Lee