[gnugo-devel] I stepped on a bug

From: tbanel
Subject: [gnugo-devel] I stepped on a bug
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 11:55:34 +0200

Hello GnuGo people.

I got this message:
***assertion failure:
board.c:861 - board[pos] == EMPTY near D4***

This happens instantly with the following command:
gnugo --color white -l /tmp/f.sgf --mode ascii

Here is the /tmp/f.sgf file:
---- cut here ----

(;FF[4]AP[RubyGo:9.1]GM[1]SZ[19:19]
;B[dp]
;W[pd]
;B[dd]
)
---- cut here ----

Typing gnugo --version I got:
GNU Go Version 3.2

It runs on a Mandrake 9.0 Gnu Linux system on an AMD Duron.

It is distributed as an rpm: gnugo-3.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

The idea was to study a game afterward, asking GnuGo what it would have played
at some critical moves of the game. I was using the --until option for this
purpose. Then, when I got this assertion failure I stripped down the .sgf and
the command line.

By the way, thank to all of you for providing this fantastic piece of
software!

Thierry Banel