Re: [gnugo-devel] chinese-japanese counting difference of more than 10 p

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] chinese-japanese counting difference of more than 10 points
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 20:03:50 -0400

Dan wrote:
> > Did the game arrived at you?
> >
> > w. gerling
>
> I see you sent it to me personally instead of
> gnugo-devel. I'm copying it to the list. I would guess the
> explanation has something to do with the situation on the
> right side.

as far as i understand, gnu go is perfectly right here. chinese score
counts all the handi stones for black (9 points difference). all the
other points of difference are due to white's passes (in the beginning
for additional handicap and a couple in the endgame where there was
nothing to gain by japanese score).

Paul