Re: [gnugo-devel] Crash in regression test? trace result

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Crash in regression test? trace result
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 10:13:25 -0700

Dan wrote:

> SP Lee wrote:
>
> > ***assertion failure:
> > owl.c:5393 - &owl_stack[(*owl)->number_in_stack] == *owl near PASS***
>
> This seems to have to do with the patch paul_3_20.7. Do you
> still get the crash if you back out that patch?

I doubt this. The crash must be yet another case of problems with the
owl stack moving on a realloc(). I don't see how this could relate to
not copying all owl data from one stackp to the next.
At some point I have to clean this mess I created there. But probably
better post 3.4.

> It would be good to understand the mechanism of the crash.

Can you maybe get a backtrace? You would need gdb (gnu debugger) to get
this.

For example do:

gdb ../interface/gnugo
break abortgo
run --mode gtp --quiet <global.tst
        (should stop in abortgo at the point of the crash)
bt
        (will print the backtrace)

Arend

Attached is the trace result. This should have some relation with the patch gunnar_3_21.1. Please check.

SP Lee