Re: [gnugo-devel] benchmarks

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] benchmarks
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:01:15 +0200 (CEST)

Gunnar wrote:

> Inge wrote:
> > Performace optimizations is of course good.  But if I have to chose, I
> > would not want to exclude such nice features just because it uses some
> > time.   Besides, when analyzing a game, is persistent caching used to
> > its full potential?
>
> Absolutely. The setup is designed to mimic an actual game as closely
> as possible, except that the tested version may want to play different
> moves. The GTP stream for the original game would go something like
(...)

Indeed. I forgot to mention, those file can be found in the regressions
directory of the SPEC branch (cvs co -r SPEC_branch or cvs update -r
SPEC_branch).

They are are games from Edmonton, and from NNGS at various handicap
levels, intended to give a typical overall picture for GNU Go's
performance. Probably we would still need more games to get a reliable
picture.

Arend