Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu issues

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu issues
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:43:17 -0700

> I would like to try my skills on this one. I have already created
> a very rough outline of such a bridge. You can look at it here:
>
> http://hera.mni.fh-giessen.de/~hg53/gmp2gtp-0.0.tar.gz
>
> There are of course important parts missing: the exact mapping of
> GMP primitives onto GTP primitives and vice versa have not been
> done yet.
>
> My impression is that a lot of testing on different machines will
> be necessary in order to cope with any installation-dependent
> peculiarities which may arise on the machines in Japan. Is anyone
> aware of the distribution they are using? (I shamelessly assumed
> Linux as operating system of course, otherwise we will have a
> problem ;-)

Arend wrote to them and asked them to try to use CGoban, which
has always worked in tournaments in the past.

So it is possible that your work will not be used in Gifu. Nevertheless
such a bridge would be a potentially very useful contribution and
I would urge you to finish the project irrespective of its use
in Gifu.

Dan