Re: [gnugo-devel] [Gifu03-E] Result and SGF of GIFU CHALLENGE 2003 (fwd)

From: David Fotland
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] [Gifu03-E] Result and SGF of GIFU CHALLENGE 2003 (fwd)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 13:32:17 -0700

This year my current version was unstable, so I entered version 11. If someone has the version 11 CD-ROM, you can try it and see what would have happened. Just set
it to level 10 with randomization turned off.

Regards,

David

At 12:04 PM 8/3/03 -0400, you wrote:
Arend wrote:
>   The result and SGF of GIFU CHALLENGE 2003 is available
> at the URL below.

Interesting to compare the results of Many Faces and Gnu go.  They
never met, but ended up with the same result (5-4-0) with Many Faces
ending up on 5th and Gnu to on 6th place.  The only difference was
that Many Faces had one more point ("Sol.", whatever that means - Sum
of Opponents ??) in the result table.

Many Faces and Gnu go lost to exactly the same opponents, namely those
on places 1-4 KCC Igo, Haruka, Go4++, and Goemate.  I think that Many
Faces is the first professional program that we might have a chance
against, and it would have been interesting to have had a game against
it.

    -Inge