[gnugo-devel] A simple and tricky semeai case

From: SP LEE
Subject: [gnugo-devel] A simple and tricky semeai case
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 18:07:07 -0700

I have just made a simple semeai test case to test my modifications, but I found neither tactical reading code nor semeai module was called because one of the group (E6) was considered alive. I have to post it here because it's beyond my current knowledge of gnugo.

   A B C D E F G H J
9 O . . . . . . . . 9
8 . . . . . . . . . 8
7 . . O O X X X X . 7
6 . O O X O O O O X 6
5 . O . X + . . O X 5
4 . O . X . . . O X 4
3 . O + X O O O . X 3
2 . . O O X X X X . 2     WHITE (O) has captured 0 stones
1 . . . . . . . . . 1     BLACK (X) has captured 0 stones
  A B C D E F G H J

Black to move. Black H3 will kill white. However, black E5 only makes a seki. I guess the owl code may be over-optimistic of its finding.

SP Lee